Saturday, August 7, 2010

S'mores Cheesecake (no bake!)

While I’m working on my cookies, I figured I’d share a recipe I developed and got right the 1st time!
Ingredients:
  • Package of Kraft no bake cheesecake (in dry goods/mixes) and butter and milk it calls for
  • Bag of mini marshmallows
  • extra tablespoon of butter
  • extra 1/4 cup milk
  • teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/8 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/4 cup sourcream
  • 1/2 bag semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Make crust as directed spread in the bottom of lined cupcake pan.
2. Make cheesecake as directed.
3. Add the tablespoon of butter to a saucepan on medium, when it begins to melt add 2 cups of marshmallows and melt, stirring occasionally so that it melts evenly.
4.Set marshmallow mixture off burner so it can cool to room temp.
5. Once it has cooled some fold marshmallows into cheesecake mixture
6. Melt chocolate chips in the microwave (1:15 then stir, add 15 secs and stir, and so on until its melted).
7. Pour a thin layer of chocolate in each cup.
8. Add cheese cake mixture to fill top.
9. Add milk, vanilla, and salt into sauce pan, then add 2 cups of marshmallows and melt.
10. Again, let marshmallow mixture cool to about room temp.
11. Add mixture to sour cream.
12. Top cheese cakes with a dollop of the topping.
13. Top each cheesecake with 2 mini marshmallows.
14. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Enjoy!!
Sorry no picture right now, I forgot! But a coworker told me after he tried them that he “doesn’t really like sweets, but after trying those, will try anything I bake”.

No comments:

Post a Comment