Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Dessert and Appitizer!

As I'd mentioned, Madre is hosting Thanksgiving. Obviously, I wanted to contribute. At some point the guys of the fam had convinced Mom to make bacon wrapped shrimp, so I decided to cook another appetizer and bring a dessert (Mike and I don't like pumpkin pie).

The spinach and artichoke dip I made was a huge hit - and super easy to make!
The apple crisp was from a recipe from the Williams and Sonoma Baking Book - I love that thing! OF course I added bourbon to it (1/4 cup aka one mini bottle).

Here's the recipe for the spinach dip. It doesn't call for ANY seasoning so I added garlic powder, a lil seasoned salt, and some Italian seasoning. I've also made it without the peppers, either way this one will impress friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment