Saturday, November 20, 2010

Cheddar Biscuits Take 2



As I said, I first tried these biscuits for a Thanksgiving Potluck, but they weren't perfect because I put in waaay too much cheese. I thought this recipe was too simple not to work, so I made these during halftime of the Virginia Tech game (yep done within 20 mins start to finish). Even after a couple of beers they came out perfect! This is definitely a crowd pleaser (maybe try them for Thanksigving!). What I love is that they can be made with ingredients you probably already have on hand.

On Another note, HOW BOUT THEM HOKIES :) We beat Miami and Mike and I will be traveling to Charlotte to see them play in the ACC Championship game. I couldn't be more excited!



Super Fluffy Cheddar Biscuits



Paula Deen's Garlic Cheese Biscuits

Ingredients

Garlic Butter:

  • 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley flakes

Directions

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine the biscuit mix and cheese in a small bowl. Add the water and stir just until combined. The dough will be slightly moist. Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes, until the biscuits are firm and beginning to brown.
While the biscuits are baking, make the garlic butter. In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic powder, salt, and parsley flakes. Mix well. As soon as you bring the biscuits from the oven, brush them with the garlic butter using a pastry brush

No comments:

Post a Comment